10 Reasons Why to Choose Invisalign and How It Works
Most people have an uncomfortable issue of crooked or crowded teeth. The most apparent solution for the orthodontic problem is to get braces, but with more and more teens and adults needing their teeth straightened, there is another option that boosts their self-esteem. A big smile and straight teeth can certainly impact a person’s self-confidence and well-being.
Many people feel that straight teeth make them more confident and happy. Therefore, when a treatment that can correct any teeth misalignments to deliver that smile, why wouldn’t you consider it? Due to advancements in modern treatment, teeth that are not correctly aligned are realigned. The treatment sets people off on the right path to dental health throughout their life.
What Is Invisalign?
It is a treatment that consists of a series of custom made aligning trays. It straightens teeth using a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that are custom made specifically for your teeth. The dentist must check and replace them for the first couple of months while they work at aligning your teeth into the proper configuration.
They are a preferred choice for adults and teens because they are practically invisible due to being clear. It’s important to know all the details before you decide to get fitted with the aligners at your dentist’s or orthodontist’s office.
How does It work?
One of the individual’s primary concern they have about dental braces is the appealing impact of the metalwork on their smile. Particularly for adults, the view of wearing unappealing metal braces for long periods can be very disheartening. The treatment offers an almost invisible aligning system that straightens teeth fast and contains no metal.
It uses clear aligners developed from cybernetic images and impressions taken from your mouth by your dentist and their team to change the position of your teeth. It uses a series of shapes that, across a series of months, force your teeth into their new and improved position. A great number of people report complete satisfaction after the treatment.
What Does Orthodontic Treatment at Town Square Dental Involve?
The dentist needs to formulate a preliminary treatment strategy before creating special aligning trays. Three-dimensional digital pictures are taken of the entire jaw. The images allow the dentist to move specific teeth on the screen, view the jaw from different angles, and also prefigure what the face might look like in years to come.
In essence, this technology can show how the treatment trays will change the facial looks. When planning is complete, a unique set of aligners is made. The total amount of aligners required varies with each case, but 20-29 sets per arch are typical.
Why Choose the Treatment?
- Operational and Effective: Before your treatment is done, you’ll start enjoying the benefits of a better smile. Teeth arrangement will start right from the beginning.
- Comfortable: The aligners of the treatment are easy and comfortable to wear as they are no metal wires or braces that could irritate your mouth or gums. They are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth. They are similar to a mouthguard and lack any sharp edges.
- Virtually invisible: The aligners are clear, so no one will know that you are straightening your teeth.
- Convenience: The treatment has become a custom for straightening the teeth, which means that you don’t have to deal with metal wires or braces. This makes them very convenient, as you can take them on any special occasion.
- Can be Removed: One can remove the aligners to eat and maintain healthy oral hygiene, which helps lower the risk of developing gum diseases. You wouldn’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, which happens with traditional braces.
- Easy to clean and maintain: They can get dirty for some time when you wear them, but you can clean them by using a toothbrush immersed in a small amount of peroxide and water. Cleaning them for a minute will remove any blemishes. You only need to do it every other day.
- Discretion: the aligners being invisible braces, it allows one to straighten your teeth discreetly without drawing attention to your appearance. People are discouraged from seeking orthodontic treatment because they think that metal braces are their only option.
- Improved confidence:Most patients feel confident wearing the invisible aligners than braces. You can smile with confidence, knowing that no one is staring at your teeth or people paying attention to your conversation.
- Versatility:The orthodontic treatment can treat many issues like crooked teeth, protruding teeth, crowded teeth, improper bites, and gaps.
- Faster treatment:there is a constant improvement as results are seen faster compared to traditional braces, which take a long time to straighten the teeth.
The treatment has the following disadvantages:
- Some minor passing discomfort can occur at the beginning of each new treatment stage when a new aligner is inserted.
- More expensive than traditional metal or white braces
Many patients find these braces to be highly convenient, but at the same time, there are definite downsides to the clear plastic aligners. What works for one person may not work for you, and it’s important to ensure that the treatment is the best option for straightening your teeth. To find out if the treatment would be the best method for you, be sure to see our dentist in Gilbert az.