Oral Health in Cary: Think you know how to brush? Think Again.
Would you believe if someone told that you don’t brush your teeth the right way? But, that’s a surprising truth! Most of us brush our teeth daily but many of us do it incorrectly. Brushing your teeth is like switching to the autopilot mode; you can do it even when you are half asleep. It is recommended to consult a dentist in Gilbert who can guide on the correct brushing technique.
Easy tips for brushing your teeth the right way
1. The first rule is to give enough time for brushing. Spending just a minute to move your brush left and right is not enough. Proper cleaning takes time and attention. You must brush your teeth for at least 2-3 minutes by cleaning every corner of the mouth.
2. Using the right toothbrush is very important while brushing, as many people damage their gums or enamel while using a brush with hard bristles or brushing too vigorously. According to family dentist at 85296, people should use only a soft bristle brush. If you have sensitive gums, you can consider using extra soft brushes.
3. Most people who even brush their teeth properly ignore flossing. However, flossing is an important part of maintaining oral hygiene thoroughly. No matter which brush you use, it is not possible to get rid of the plaque that is accumulated between the teeth in narrow gaps. When the plaque remains deposited for a longer duration, bacteria increases leading to decaying process and cavities.
4. Most of us know that using fluoride toothpaste is beneficial for teeth but we ignore the fact that some toothpastes lack fluoride? Using fluoride toothpaste is not only recommended for kids but even adults should use them to improve their oral health. It is also recommended to get a fluoride treatment done at least twice a year.
5. Keep the toothbrush clean by keeping it away from the toilet as bacteria from toilet are sent in the air and may sit on the brush. Try using a brush with a cap.