Tooth Pain Relief for Emergency Dental Care
Emergency Dentist Gilbert
Emergency dental care is vital for patients and their families which is why our team at Town Square Dental in Gilbert, Arizona provides education and convenient care to patients in the area. If you or a member of your family are suffering from tooth pain, then what can you do to provide immediate relief? The best thing is to call our emergency dentist near you to set up an appointment. However, what will you if you cannot get to our office right away? Continue reading on to learn more about tooth pain relief.
Dentist Gilbert: What is tooth pain?
Tooth pain can present itself in many different symptoms including the following:
- Sharp pain as if someone is stabbing or poking your tooth.
- Throbbing tooth pain.
- Inflammation located around the tooth in the gumline.
- Red or irritated gums.
- Overall mouth pain.
If you are feeling any of these symptoms, then the pain may become unbearable. It can also be a sign of something more severe such as tooth decay or illness. This, in turn, can lead to several other issues. If you believe the root is something more severe, then you should seek professional help right away from a dentist near you.
Dentist Gilbert AZ: What can you do?
If you cannot see our dentist immediately, then there are other practical steps you can take including the following:
- Ice or cold compress. This is a popular method to stop immediate pain as well as swelling. Ensure you are using a clean compress in order to avoid infection.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide diluted with water can be easily gargled for relief.
- Peppermint. Peppermint tea and leaves can help to reduce swelling and soreness. This makes it a perfect option for tooth pain.
We encourage you to talk with your dentist ahead of time in order to be most prepared for any situations that might come up. Contact our Town Square Dental office in Gilbert, AZ for more information or to set up your next appointment with a member of our experienced staff.